In shipping, merchant shipping, water construction or fishing, you may have to deal with theft, piracy or terrorism. That is why it is important to be well informed about the security of your crew, cargo and ship. The Company Security Officer will be appointed by the shipping company.
The Company Security Officer course is specifically responsible for the Ship Security Plans for shipping company officers. You learn to develop, implement and maintain these plans. The course is organized in accordance with guidelines from the IMO Model Course Company Security Officer, American NVIC and EU Directives.
You are responsible for the security organization of the seagoing vessels and MODUs as prescribed in the ISPS code and Solas XI-2. The course is suitable for every type of shipping company, dredging company or marine offshore contractor.The two-day course Company Security Officer takes 2 days. Within these 2 days there is room for practical exercises on board.
- ISPS regulations
- security organization and company policy
- access and emergency exits of the ship
- communication ship-shore / port facility / D.o.S.
- security systems
- security surveys
- risk assessment
- contingency planning
At the end of the course:
– you are well informed about the ISPS regulations;
– you are able to act as a contact person between the shipping company and the government,classification society and ships;
– you can actively participate in the area of security on your own ships;
– you can assess the security of shore facilities that visit your ships;
– you know which trainings need to be followed periodically.
495,00 excl. 21% BTW
Quarantaineweg 98, 3089 KP Rotterdam - Heijplaat
Are you interested in this training?
Please use the “book now” button for availability and book your course.
We expect the participants at 08.00 on the first training day. The following day starts at 08.30. All training days end no later than 17.00, unless the participant attends additional training(s).
The training is in English. On request we can organize this training for groups in a different language and if necessary with an private interpreter.
Requirements for participation:
The course content assumes that you are familiar with the operational management, equipment and emergency procedures of ships sailing at the shipping company and with the ISM system used on these ships.
Please bring the following items to the training: