Advanced Fire Fighting RefresherBook now
This course is intended for delegates who want to refresher their old Advanced Fire Fighting certificate. Fire on board a ship is of vital importance. The basic fire fighting skills have been trained during the Basic Safety Training. The AdvancedFire Fighting training is intended for Fire Team members. During this course, delegates learn to lead the fire team and communicate correctly during a fire. The international STCW Convention sets statutory requirements for the role of a seafarer. Every officer on board must hold a valid certificate Advanced Fire Fighting (AFF). This certificate is valid for five years.
This course meets the STCW guidelines.
This Advanced Fire Fighting Refresher training contains:
- The division of tasks and responsibilities;
- Management (of the fire-fighting team and general leadership skills);
- Gathering information/assessing situations/taking decisions;
- Cooperating with the on-shore fire fighting organization during a fire on board;
- Fighting fires involving hazardous substances;
- Techniques for optimal ventilation control;
- The latest developments regarding fire fighting equipment and fire fighting techniques;
- Analysis of incidents involving fire on board ships;
- Practical exercises with specific attention given to general leadership, the management of a fire fighting team and the correct execution of procedures;
- Maintenance management of fire fighting systems and fire detection equipment.
We expect the participants at 08.00 on the first training day. The following day start at 08.30, all training days end no later than 17.00, unless the participant attends additional training(s).
The training is in Dutch. We can organize this training in a different language for groups on request and if necessary with an private interpreter.
Requirements for participation:
In order to participate to the training, participants need to have a valid Advanced Fire Fighting certificate.
To be brought to the lessons:
- Valid seafarers medical certificate
- Copy of valid Advanced Fire Fighting certificate
- Copy of a valid Basic Safety Training (STCW) certificate
It is important that we receive the required documents in time, otherwise it will not be possible for us to issue a certificate.
(Optional) seafarers medical certificate + shoulder measurement €160,-Book now