The Security Awareness training is intended to provide the knowledge required to enable personnel without designated security duties to enhance ship security en abling them to contribute to the enhancement of maritime security through heightened awareness and the ability to recognize security threats and to respond appropriately. This applies to all seafarers.
This Security Awareness training contents:
- he meaning and the consequential requirements of the different security levels;
- knowledge of emergency procedures and contingency plans;
- recognition and detection of weapons, dangerous substances and devices;
- recognition, on a non-discriminatory basis of characteristics and behavioural patterns of persons who are likely to threaten security;
- techniques used to circumvent security measures.