The Security Awareness training is intended to provide the knowledge required to enable personnel without designated security duties to enhance ship security en abling them to contribute to the enhancement of maritime security through heightened awareness and the ability to recognize security threats and to respond appropriately. This applies to all seafarers.
This Security Awareness training contents:
- he meaning and the consequential requirements of the different security levels;
- knowledge of emergency procedures and contingency plans;
- recognition and detection of weapons, dangerous substances and devices;
- recognition, on a non-discriminatory basis of characteristics and behavioural patterns of persons who are likely to threaten security;
- techniques used to circumvent security measures.
Are you interested in this training?
Please use the “book now” button for availability and book your course.
We expect the participants at 07.45 on this training day. Training ends no later than 12.00, unless the participant attends additional training(s).
The training is given in English. We can organize this training in a different language for groups on request and if necessary with an private interpreter.
The following additional training can be booked in addition to the Security Awareness course:
- Basic Safety Training (STCW)
Requirements for participation:
In order to participate to the training, participants need to have a valid seafarers medical certificate or declaration of good health from their doctor. We can arrange a seafarers medical certificate for the participants.
On www.nogepa.nl you can find a certified doctor nearby to book the declaration of good health yourself.
It is important that we receive the required documents in time, otherwise it will not be possible for us to issue a certificate.
Security Awareness €200,-
Basic Safety Training (STCW) €985,-
Basic Safety Training +Security Awareness Combination price €1160,-
(Optional) seafarers medical certificate + shoulder measurement €160,-