Basic Training (STCW)
Basic Training (STCW)
The STCW Basic Training is a four-day training course designed for employees who will be working in the maritime industry. Everyone who works or wants to work on board a seagoing ship must be in possession of a Basic Training certificate. During this training seafarers learn the basic safety skills they need to work on board a seagoing ship.
This course is certified by the Human Environment and Transport Inspectorate (ILT) under institute code NL021.
Are you interested in this training? Use the ‘Book now’ button to view the schedule and book the training.
This Basic Training (STCW) contains:
- Survival techniques;
- Fire safety and fire fighting;
- First aid in the event of an accident;
- Working safely;
- Social responsibilities
The following practical lessons are given:
- Practising with personal and group life-saving equipment;
- Maintenance of safety materials;
- Fire drills with fire fighting equipment/compressed air and the use of the compulsory fire extinguishers;
- Practising emergency procedures;
- First aid and resuscitation.
What should I bring?
- Valid identification (passport, identity card, driving license);
- Valid Certificate of Seafarers Examination;
- Dry underwear;
- Seaman’s book.
Following the Basic Training (STCW) the following can be booked additionally:
The additional options can be selected in step 3 of the booking form.
Would you like to book the Fishery Module as an addition? Check it out here.
The course Basic Training Refresher and the combi Basic Training refresher / Advanced Fire Fighting refresher / Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than fast rescue boats refresher are also offered by STC NEXT.
We expect the participants at 07.45 on the first training day. The following days start at 08.30. All training days end no later than 16.30, unless the participant attends additional training(s).
The training is given in English. We can organize this training in a different language for groups on request and if necessary with an private interpreter.
Basic Training (STCW) €1.080,-
Security Awareness €225,-
Basic Training +Security Awareness Combination price €1.250,-
(Optional) Seafarers medical certificate €170,-