Advanced Fire FightingBook now
Fire on board a ship is of vital importance. The basic fire fighting skills have been trained during the Basic Safety Training. The AdvancedFire Fighting training is intended for Fire Team members. During this course, delegates learn to lead the fire team and communicate correctly during a fire. The international STCW Convention sets statutory requirements for the role of a seafarer. Every officer on board must hold a valid certificate Advanced Fire Fighting (AFF). This certificate is valid for five years.
This course meets the STCW guidelines.
This Advanced Fire Fighting training contains:
- The division of tasks and responsibilities;
- Management (of the fire-fighting team and general leadership skills);
- Gathering information/assessing situations/taking decisions;
- Cooperating with the on-shore fire fighting organization during a fire on board;
- Fighting fires involving hazardous substances;
- Techniques for optimal ventilation control;
- The latest developments regarding fire fighting equipment and fire fighting techniques;
- Analysis of incidents involving fire on board ships;
- Practical exercises with specific attention given to general leadership, the management of a fire fighting team and the correct execution of procedures;
- Maintenance management of fire fighting systems and fire detection equipment.
We expect the participants at 08.30 on the first training day. The following days start at 09.00, all training days end no later than 17.00, unless the participant attends additional training(s).
The training is in Dutch. On request we can organize this training in a different language for groups and if necessary with an interpreter.
Requirements for participation:
In order to participate to the training, participants need to have a valid Basic Safety (STCW) certificate.
To be brought to the lessons:
- Valid seafarers medical certificate
- Basic Safety Certificate (STCW)
- Passport, ID or Drivers Licence
(Optional) seafarers medical certificate €160,-Book now