Medical First Aid
Medical First Aid
The two-day Medical First Aid training course teaches you to act quickly and efficiently in the event of accidents and illness on board. It is of vital importance that seafarers on board ships can provide medical first aid to fellow seafarers. In the international STCW Convention there are legal requirements for this. Every officer is required to be in possession of a valid certificate.
The training course is certified by the Human Environment and Transport Inspectorate (ILT) under institute code NL007.
Are you interested in this training? Use the ‘Book now’ button to view the schedule and book the training.
This Medical First Aid (STCW tabel A-VI/4-1) course contains:
- first aid kit;
- toxicological hazards and injuries caused by chemicals;
- approaching and examining victims and patients in accordance with the GHS guidelines or equivalent;
- contact with the Radio Medical Service;
- neck and spinal injuries;
- thermal wounds and injuries;
- fractures, dislocations, contusions and sprains;
- medical care of rescued persons;
- sterile techniques;
- cardiac arrest, drowning and asphyxia.
What should I bring?
- Valid identification (passport, identity card, driving license)
- Seaman’s book
To be sent prior to starting the course:
- Copy of Basic Safety Training
It is important that we receive the required documents in time, otherwise it will not be possible for us to issue a certificate.
In order to participate to the training, participants need to have a valid STCW Basic Safety training as well as a Seafarers medical certificate or declaration of good health from their doctor.
We can arrange a Seafarer medical examination for the participants.
On https://www.ilent.nl/onderwerpen/medische-zaken-zeevaart/adressen-keuringsartsen you can find a certified doctor nearby to book the declaration of good health yourself.
We expect the participants at 07.45 on the first training day. The following days start at 08.30. All training days end no later than 16.30, unless the participant attends additional training(s).
The training is given in Dutch. We can organize this training in a different language for groups on request and if necessary with an private interpreter.
Medical First Aid €565,-
Medical Care €930,-
Basic Safety + Security Awareness €1250,-
(Optioneel) Zeevaart medische keuring+ schoudermeting €170,-