Medical First Aid
Medical First Aid
The Medical First Aid on board and Medical Care on board courses are being introduced for all types of ships in the merchant, fisheries and sailing ship sectors. The captain and the persons responsible for medical care on board must be in the possession of both certificates (Medical First Aid and Medical Care).
In a number of cases a medical first aid on board certificate will be sufficient, for example on ships navigating near the Dutch coast in a navigation area extending to the Dutch territorial sea. This is because onshore support can be available.
This Medical First Aid course contents:
- first aid kit;
- toxicological hazards and injuries caused by chemicals;
- approaching and examining victims and patients in accordance with the GHS guidelines or equivalent;
- contact with the Radio Medical Service;
- neck and spinal injuries;
- thermal wounds and injuries;
- fractures, dislocations, contusions and sprains;
- medical care of rescued persons;
- sterile techniques;
- cardiac arrest, drowning and asphyxia.
Are you interested in this training?
Please use the “Book Now” button for availability and book your course.
We expect the participants at 07.45 on the first training day. The following days start at 08.30. All training days end no later than 16.30, unless the participant attends additional training(s).
The training is given in Dutch. We can organize this training in a different language for groups on request and if necessary with an private interpreter.
Requirements for participation:
In order to participate to the training, participants need to have a valid STCW Basic Safety training as well as a Seafarers medical certificate or declaration of good health from their doctor.
We can arrange a Seafarer medical examination for the participants.
On https://www.ilent.nl/onderwerpen/medische-zaken-zeevaart/adressen-keuringsartsen you can find a certified doctor nearby to book the declaration of good health yourself.
To be brought to the lessons: Seamansbook.
To be sent prior to starting the course:
- Passport photograph (with name and date of birth written on the back)
- Copy of Basic Safety Training
- Seagoing medical certificate (physical examination)
- Copy of the participant’s personal information from the municipal personal records database or an enlarged photocopy of their passport.
It is important that we receive the required documents in time, otherwise it will not be possible for us to issue a certificate.
Medical First Aid €540,-
Medical Care €885,-
Basic Safety + Security Awareness €1160,-
(Optioneel) Zeevaart medische keuring+ schoudermeting €160,-