Proficiency in Fast Rescue CraftBook now
This STCW training ‘Proficiency in Fast Rescue Craft (content in accordance with section A-V1 / 2 Table A-V1 / 2-2 STCW ’78 as amended), is intended for seafarers who are assigned to staff and / or to control a Fast Rescue Craft.
Participants receive both theoretical and practical training on steering a fast rescue craft on open water.
This training is part of our standard offer, please contact STC-KNRM for a booking at 0031-10 428 38 60
This Proficiency in Fast Rescue Craft training contains:
- Fast rescue craft introduction and theory
- Journey preparation and safety checks
- Slow and fast boat handling on inland and open waters
- Coming alongside a ship, steering in poor weather
- Man overboard (MOB) recovery exercise and assisting victim once on board
- IAMSAR search patterns
- Capsize exercise in swimming pool
- Practice at KNRM station, and on KNRM ships with both jet and propeller drive
- Navigation system, plotter and VHF radio operation
- Emergency beacons PLB, EPIRB, SART
This training is part of our standard offer, please contact STC-KNRM for a booking at 0031-10 428 38 60.
We expect the participants at 08.15 on the first training day this day also has an evening lassion that lasts untill 21.00 hours. The following day starts at 08.30 and ends no later than 17.30, unless the participant attends additional training(s).
The training is given in English. We can organize this training in a different language for groups on request and if necessary with an private interpreter.
Requirements for participation:
In order to participate to the training, participants need to have a valid Basis Safety Training (STCW) or a Basic Safety Training (STCW) Refresher certificaat, in combination with a Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats (PSCRB) or PSCRB Refresher.
Also a seafarers medical certificate or declaration of good health from their doctor is required. We can arrange a seafarers medical certificate for the participants.
On www.nogepa.nl you can find a certified doctor nearby to book the declaration of good health yourself.
Proficiency in Fast Rescue Craft €1295,-
Proficiency in Fast Rescue Craft refresher €595,-
Basic Safety + Security Awareness €1160,-
Seafarers medical certificate €160,-