Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats, other than fast Rescue Boats (STCW)Book now
Because the conditions on board are fundamentally different from the conditions on shore, it is vitally important to train your safety and self-reliance, so that you know what to do in the event of a calamity. This is also the reason that legal requirements have been imposed on safety and self-sufficiency in the international STCW Convention. Everybody on board must attend a refresher course every five years to be able to retain the navigation license.
During this training the instructors will deal with realistic situations that can occur on board. The training zooms in on the operation and launch of the lifeboat, the liferaft and the rescue boat. The training meets the STCW guidelines (chapter IV, table A-VI / 2-1) and is recognized by the Human Environment and Transport Inspectorate (ILT).
As a seafarer you are charged with operating and launching the lifeboat, the liferaft and the rescue boat.
The Proficiency in Survival Craft course contains:
- The division of tasks and responsibilities when abandoning ship;
- Preparing for abandoning ship and what to do when abandoning ship;
- Practical exercises and manoeuvring a lifeboat;
- Cooperating with the on-shore fire fighting organization during a fire on board;
- The intention and use of life-saving appliances;
- The construction of life-saving appliances.
At the end of the course:
– You are able to prepare a ship’s abandonment, to put lifesaving equipment on board and to go on board.
– You know how to limit the risk to the minimum
– You know how to use the content of the life-saving appliances
– You are familiar with the available communication and signaling means
– You can control the entire rescue operation.
Are you interested in this training?
Please use the “book now” button for availability and book your course.
We expect the participants at 08.00 on the first training day. The following day starts at 08.30. All training days end no later than 17.00, unless the participant attends additional training(s).
The training is in English. On request we can organize this training for groups in a different language and if necessary with an private interpreter.
Requirements for participation:
The delegates are in possession of a valid certificate Basic Training and a seafarers medical.
We can arrange a seafarers medical certificate for the participants if needed.
Please bring the following items to the training:
- Seafarers medical certificate (physical examination)
- Copy of the basic safety training certificate
(Optional) seafarers medical certificate €160,-Book now