CA-EBS (OPITO 5902)
CA-EBS (OPITO 5902)
The Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) training is a result of the CAA Report (CAP 1145), developed for passengers in the UK sector whom travel by helicopter to and from an offshore installation or schip. Starting from September 2014 this training is mandatory for the UK sector and by May 1, 2015 this training is also mandatory in the Netherlands.
The aims and objectives of the training are to ensure that the delegate gains the required knowledge and understanding of the particular hazards and properties of a CA EBS and appropriate practical emergency response. The training is OPITO approved.
This CA-EBS training can also be booked as an “On Board” training via STC-KNRM at 0800-1412
This CA-EBS training contains:
- The fundamental differences between re-breather and compressed air systems (technology and use);
- The rationale and use of compressed air emergency breathing systems in helicopter emergency situations;
- The hazards associated with compressed air emergency breathing systems.
To successfully complete this training, delegates must be able to demonstrate:
- A pre-flight inspection of the life jacket and CA-EBS;
- Donning the life jacket with CA-EBS correctly, including ‘buddy check’;
- Emergency deployment in a dry environment.
This training can also be booked as an “On Board” training via STC-KNRM at 0800-1412
This training is given in addition to BOSIET, FOET or HUET training and therefore starting times may vary.
The training is in English. On request, we can organize this training in a different language for groups and if necessary with an interpreter.
The following additionals can be booked in addition to the CA-EBS course:
- NOGEPA medical approval
- Personal Safety Logbook
- H2S Training – NOGEPA
If both CA-EBS and H2S are booked following a FOET or HUET, one of the additional courses will be moved to a subsequent day.
Delegates must possess a valid BOSIET, FOET or HUET certificate prior to attending the Compressed Air Breathing System (CA-EBS) Initial deployment Training program.