The Medical Care on board and Medical First Aid on board courses are being introduced for all types of ships in the merchant, fisheries and sailing ship sectors. The captain and the persons responsible for medical care on board must be in the possession of both certificates (Medical First Aid and Medical Care).
This training is part of our standard offer, please contact STC-KNRM for a booking at 0800 – 1412.
This training is provided by STC B.V.
The Medical Care course contents:
Medical care of victims with:
- head, neck and spinal injuries;
- ear, eye, nose and throat injuries and diseases;
- internal and external bleeding;
- burns, scalds and frostbite;
- fractures, dislocations, contusions and sprains;
- wounds, wound healing and care of bleeding;
- options for pain relief and administration;
- sewing techniques;
- acute abdominal complaints;
- minor surgical treatment;
- dressing techniques.
General principles of nursing and nursing care. Diseases, including:
- medical condition and acute disorders of vital functions;
- sexually transmitted diseases;
- tropical and infectious diseases;
- alcohol and drug abuse;
- dental care;
- gynaecology, pregnancy and childbirth;
- medical care of rescued persons;
- general hygiene;
- death at sea.
- disinfection, disinfection station, disinfestation;
- keeping medical records;
- national and international regulations.
Onshore assistance and support:
- transportation of the ill and injured, including helicopter evacuation;
- medical care of sick seafarers in cooperation with port health authorities relating to quarantine measures.