Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than fast rescue boats Refresher
The Proficiency in Survival Craft Refresher course is for crew members whose task it is to launch and operate lifeboats, life rafts and other rescue boats (other than fast resque boats). The participants must take the compulsory refresher course once every 5 years.
The Proficiency in Survival Craft Refresher course contains:
- The division of tasks and responsibilities when abandoning ship;
- Preparing for abandoning ship and what to do when abandoning ship;
- Practical exercises and manoeuvring a lifeboat;
- Cooperating with the on-shore fire fighting organization during a fire on board;
- The intention and use of life-saving appliances;
- The construction of life-saving appliances.
This training is provided by STC B.V. The course schedule can be found on their website: www.stc-bv.nl
We expect the participants at 08.15 on this training day. Training ends no later than 17.00, unless the participant attends additional training(s).
The training is given in Dutch. We can organize this training in a different language for groups on request and if necessary with an private interpreter.
Requirements for participation:
In order to participate to the training, participants need to have a valid Proficiency in Survival Craft certificate as well as an Seafarers medical certificate.
To be brought to the lessons: Seamansbook.
To be sent prior to starting the course:
- Passport photograph (with name and date of birth written on the back)
- Seagoing medical certificate (physical examination)
- Copy of the participant’s personal information from the municipal personal records database or an enlarged photocopy of their passport.
It is important that we receive the required documents in time, otherwise it will not be possible for us to issue a certificate.
Proficiency in Survival Craft Refresher € 455,-
(Optioneel) Basic Safety + Security Awareness €1160,-
(Optioneel) Zeevaart medische keuring+ schoudermeting €160,-