Manual Handling (GWO)
Manual Handling (GWO)
This training is accordingly to the guidelines of the Global Wind Organisation (GWO).
The Training Manual Handling GWO is designed for staff working in the wind industry,involved in the construction, maintenance or service for onshore and/or offshore wind turbines and wind farms. The delegates are taught knowledge and skills in providing first aid in and near wind turbines. In this training delegates will learn techniques for manual handling with the aim to reduce risks. The acquired knowledge and skills contribute to a safer working environment within the wind industry.
This Manual Handling (GWO) training contents:
- The importance of working safely and responsibly in accordance with statutory requirements;
- Activities that increase the risk of muscle or skeletal injuries;
- Ways to work safely and in a healthy posture and correct use of equipment;
- Symptoms related to poor lifting technique;
- Reporting any accidents and injuries sustained;
- Thinking in terms of solutions with all the limitations posed by the act in a wind turbine;
- Risk mitigation techniques in the field of manual trading.
What should I bring?
- Valid identification (passport, identity card, driving license);
- Valid medical examination certificate.
You will receive a sticker for your safety passport (PSL) after the training. A safety passport is optionally available from us for € 17.50 (excl 21% VAT)
As from October 17, GWO training participants will have to register in WINDA for a delegate profile. Once you have completed your registration, you will receive a WINDA ID which you must send to info@STC NEXT.nl before you complete the training. The WINDA ID is your personal identification and all of your future GWO training will be associated with this ID.
Register for a Delegate profile using a smartphone, tablet or a computer at winda.globalwindsafety.org.
Besides the GWO Manual Handling, the following training courses can be booked:
First Aid; (Click here for more information on this training)
Fire Awareness; (Click here for more information about this course)
Working at Heights; (Click here for more information on this training)
Sea Survival. (Click here for more information on this training)
Medical examination (click here for more information)
This training is given in addition to other GWO trainingmodules or separate and there for training times may vary.
The training is given in English. We can organize this training in a different language for groups on request and if necessary with an private interpreter.
Manual Handling (GWO) €150,- incl. WINDA registration fee
Manual Handling Refresher (GWO) €150,- incl. WINDA registration fee
Complete GWO Training Combination price €1.455,- incl. WINDA registration fee
(Optional) GWO G41 standard examination €180,-
(Optional) GWO G41 + exercise test €245,-